a groundbreaking new conference bringing together the New York City
entrepreneurs, leaders, and changemakers building the social impact economy.
Exploring how NYC nonprofits, businesses & startups harness the power of social enterprise.
Special thanks to our "Social Good Heroes" -our Sponsors...
presented by Citizens Economic Development Initiative (CEDI)
Share the love and get good karma all year long!
Make Impact NYC
Do Good in Your 'Hood!
What to Expect:
Five Dynamic Speakers, Five Interactive Panels, Local Artists & Musical Talent Showcasing the NYC Social Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
Topics to be covered include: Funding the impact economy; building community resilience through social innovation; incubating startups & collaborative social enterprises; fashioning change through arts, media, and design; and food as a force for good.
* Discover how New Yorkers are helping to solve some of the city’s toughest problems by empowering people through entrepreneurial solutions.
* Meet and discover a range of change makers across NYC, from impact entrepreneurs and innovative startups to the people behind the incubators, collaborative spaces, educational programs, and funding opportunities that make NYC the social impact capital and inspiration for entrepreneurs everywhere.
Applications open for Battle of Boros™ Entrepreneur Pitch Competition until 1/12/2014 (applications closed)
Rules and regulation available here.
December Press Release
General press release also live on CSR Wire
Sponsors and other questions contact us at email@example.com
For more information view Sponsorship Packet (pdf).
Come watch as entrepreneurs representing the 5 boroughs battle for $5,000 in cash awards and $20,000 in in-kind prizes from The Moderns, CSR Wire, Centre for Social Innovation, GoodB, ThatMatters Live, Return on Change, Fordham Foundry, and Day Pitney Llp.
Who is going to win the Best of Boros “Social Good” Crown?
Live Hip-Hop Artists, break dancers,
Featuring MC Charlie Balducci
of NYC Arts Cypher from Staten Island
& perfomances by NYC Rapper Krempo, Sinistarz & Cyndikit
The finalists, culled from dozens of applicants across NYC, are:
Concourse Markets (Bronx)
- an online platform for collaborative community lending
Simply Grid (Brooklyn)
– delivers on-demand electricity for food carts & food trucks, eliminating pollution and noise
[$4K WINNER!] I Am Not A Virgin (Manhattan)
– ‘eco sexy’ denim line made with recycled plastic bottles
[$1.5K AUDIENCE AWARDS!] Sensational Sauces (Queens)
– all-natural, locally sourced and produced line of sauces
- They are on Indiegogo right now until February 7th, 2014.
Staten Island NYC Living (Staten Island)
– digital ‘magalog’ that aims to raise awareness of the culture, history and community of the ‘forgotten borough’
Our esteemed panel of judges:
Derek Denckla - Slow Money NY
Anne Field - Journalist
Mitchell Fillet - Fordham Foundry
Matthew Henninger - CEDI Society
David Postolski - Day Pitney
Shereen Shermek - Launch Angels
David “Beggz” Thigpen - Corners2Cornerstones
Kim Wales - Wales Capital
Our app generously brought to you by CONFUI, an event app company.